NEW

Tarapaca Carmenere Gran Reserva, Maipo 2018

£12.95
Shipping:
Calculated at Checkout
Grapes:
Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Cabernet Franc
Region:
Maipo
Bottle:
75cl; Natural Cork
Alcohol:
13.5% ABV
FAST DELIVERY. Details

Rich red Carménère, elegant yet full-bodied, with a perfume of violets and cloves followed by a mouthful of blackberries.

Enjoy this vegetal and fresh wine with creamy pasta, winter vegetable gratin, oily rich fish also works well with this wine.

From the “Los Cardenales” soils of volcanic origin, this soil rich with lime and loam with lots of gravel and good depth, giving the roots plenty of space to explore, and produces wines of great texture and medium body with elegant and smooth tannins.

The grapes are typically harvested in April (on the reverse calendar to Northern-Hemisphere vineyards). Once the fruit arrives at the winery, it undergoes pre-fermentative maceration at 12C to extract concentrated aromas and flavours, then alcoholic fermentation, followed by a 10-day post-fermentative maceration to extract the maximum colour and tannins. Finally the wine is racked into barrels to age, where it undergoes malolactic fermentation. 80% of the wine is aged for 12 months in French and American oak barrels (20% new and 80% used) and the other 20% of the wine is kept in stainless steel tanks to retain the primary fruit component of the blend.

Fast Delivery

Please note, that orders placed after 18 December may not arrive in time for Christmas.

We deliver free of charge for any orders over £150 anywhere in the mainland UK. Delivery to mainland UK destinations is charged at £6.99 otherwise, and delivery to non-UK mainland locations, Scottish Highlands and Islands may incur addtional charges.

We typically deliver within a maximum of 5-7 working days and usually sooner, so please contact us if you have any special requirments.

For more information, please see our delivery and returns page or call the team on 0203 289 9463.

Related Products

Customers Also Viewed

Any Questions? We're Here To Help! Call +44 (0)203 289 9463 or Email